Nowadays, there are many features rolling out to WhatsApp users every now and then, one such amazing feature is the “WhatsApp Status” or we can say “WhatsApp Story” feature which is taken from Instagram stories feature and WhatsApp decided to roll out the feature to all the users which is massive 1 billion or more users across the globe.
WhatsApp decided to replace the way of representation of their status with the WhatsApp status or WhatsApp features. It is much similar to the Instagram stories and contacts can view the shared images, GIF’s or Videos for a period of 24 hours before it gets deleted automatically. However, WhatsApp did not give the option to save the status directly to phone gallery.
Steps to download WhatsApp Status or WhatsApp Stories :
- Open Google Play Store and Search for “Story Saver for Whatzapp”.
- Open the application and at the bottom of the display tap on New which will show all the recent stories or status
- From the stories available tap on the photo, GIF or Video to open it.
- Now below the status, tap on the down arrow button which will download the status or story to your phone gallery.
Use File Manager to save WhatsApp Status or WhatsApp Stories :
This method does not require any third party application but you will need to access the File Manager on your phone.
The statuses folder is hidden and it can be seen only when you turn on the “Show hidden files” which is available in File Managers
In every Android phone, you will have a Files or File Manager App. If you don’t have File Manager App then just download third party File Manager app like ES File Explorer.
- Open ES File Explorer and from the settings turn on the “Show Hidden Files” option.
- Go to WhatsApp folder which can directly be accessed and in some devices, it can be found under “Phone Storage”.
- Open the WhatsApp folder and tap on media.
- In most Android Phones you can find a folder with the name “.Statuses” which will store the status updates which you have seen.
- You can open the Status update which you want to save and Save the file in your media Directory to view later or share it with your friends.